Will 2023 be the year you take your business online?4 January 2023
Will 2023 be the year you take your business online? The prospect might be attractive but do you have the knowledge (and skills) to move your business into an ecommerce operation?
Our popular four-part webinar series ‘Setting up an online shop’ starts on Tuesday 10 January and promises to deliver everything a small business owner might need to get started.
The series will explain everything that’s involved in online selling. It will recommend products and services that will make it easier for you to create and maintain an online shop. This course is particularly useful if you sell customised, personalised, made-to-order or one-off products like prints, jewellery and so on.
This is a four-workshop series, and you should sign up for all four sessions. Normally costing around £1,000 this is fully funded for eligible businesses. There are only 12 places available.
Programme dates and key topics (Time: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm)
Week 1: 10 January, How to set up an Online Shop
- A comparison of online shop platforms – pros and cons
- e-commerce versus marketplaces – or should you do both?
- Site assets you will need – images, product descriptions and more
- Usability and User Experience
- Site search
Week 2: 17th January, Attracting Visitors to Your Online Shop
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for e-commerce
- Social media marketing for e-commerce
- Paid online advertising
- Referrals and affiliates
Week 3: 24th January, Turning your Online Shop Visitors into Customers
- The psychology of buying – what makes people buy?
- Technical matters and usability
- Social proof
- Consumer confidence and trust
- Pricing in e-commerce
- Week 4: 31st January, Keeping Your Online Shop Customers and Generating Repeat Sales
- Email marketing
- Customer segmentation
- Upsells and cross-sells
- Developing customers into fans
Expert David James Ross teaches this course based on his own experiences of setting up online shops and getting businesses to increase online sales. David has taught many courses with businesses that have improved their online sales significantly.
This workshop series is aimed at trading businesses with products and/or services ready for sale. You must be based in Leicester and/or Leicestershire. To book visit this page.