Accessibility statement for the Business Gateway Growth Hub
This accessibility statement applies to content published on the www.bizgateway.org.uk domain.
This website is run by Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership Limited (LLEP), although the LLEP is a private company, and is not subject to Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018, we want as many people as possible to be able to use our website.
For example, that means you should be able to:
• change colours, contrast levels and fonts
• zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and Voiceover)
We’re also making the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible, for example:
• you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
• most older PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
• some embedded videos do not have captions or transcripts
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, or audio recording:
• email firstname.lastname@example.org
• call 0116 454 2917
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
At the top of every page there is a telephone number and a link to our Contact Us page – if you are having a specific problem with a part of this website, please get in touch with us.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, call, or email at contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Some of our web pages:
• use HTML, ‘bold’ and ‘u’ tags to format content. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 Info and Relationships.
• have the same link text used for multiple different destinations. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context)
• have iframes without a title. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value.
• The CRM event booking form also has some problems. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 Info and Relationships.
Interactive tools and transactions
Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using a keyboard. For example, because some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag.
Our forms are built and hosted through third party software and ‘skinned’ to look like our website. We’ve assessed the cost of fixing the issues with navigation and accessing
information, and with interactive tools and transactions. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will make another assessment when the supplier contract is up for renewal.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix historical financial information.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
PDFs provided by third parties may contain accessibility problems which we cannot fix.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Click here to access the Google Translator to enable copied text to be translated into 52 different languages.
For further information about how to make web browsing easier please visit the BBC website. They explain in more detail the many ways you can change your browser,
computer, keyboard and mouse settings to make the web more accessible for you.
How we test this website
This website is crawled and tested by our automated monitoring system every 7 days. Leicester City Council Web Management Team and the LLEP perform internal testing and act upon user feedback when we receive it. We are continually working to make improvements to this website and plan to start doing real user testing in the future.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 28/07/2020. It was last updated on 28/07/2020.