Take Your Website to the World21 August 2023
The Take Your Website to the World programme from the Department for Business & Trade (DBT) will help to provide a deep dive on a number of website areas to get your website fighting fit for international reach and appeal.
Your website is your shop window to the world and with a global audience of over 4 billion plus global internet users it’s vital that you understand how to maximise its potential.
If you sell products and services overseas or are planning to, now more than ever, your website needs to be able to attract and appeal to an international audience. Expectations are growing rapidly as customers discover more convenience on all levels – be it product customisation, mobile-optimized search, quick checkout processes, or hassle-free delivery.
What you’ll learn
- How well your existing website is performing on international search engines
- How to attract visitors from outside the UK to your website
- When and how to translate, localise and optimise your wesbite for international search engines
- How to source and commission external web providers such as designers, digital marketers, translators and copy writers to take forward your international web strategy
- When and how to move your website to another platform and what to include in your brief
- How to implement effective paid and organic Search Engine Optimisation
About the programme:
With six more Masterclasses running through to December 2023, plus our annual Digital Trade Conference on 9th November 2023, you have access to everything you need to Take your Website to the World.
Each masterclass provides a deep dive into a specific area to get your website fighting fit for international reach and appeal:
- 20 September – Website health check in 8 easy steps
- 26 September – Planning your international website journey
- 4 October – Platforms, Providers and Preparing your Website Brief
- 10 October – Creating and Adapting Content for an International Audience
- 17 October – Social Media 101
- 9 November – Digital Trade Conference
- 15 November – Search Engines. How they work, and what they look for on your website
- 21 November – Increasing website traffic through paid and organic search
- 29 November – Maximising your website conversion rate (CRO) in 7 easy steps
- 5 December – How to track and monitor your website analytics to increase performance