Support for businesses whose start-up was interrupted by Covid-1911 October 2021
If you started your business in or after 2018, and your trading was interrupted by lockdown, we have some support that’s just right for you.
We can help you find grant funding and apply for it and we can support you to get your business back up and running. The support is fully funded so will cost you nothing and it’s delivered by people who are experts in supporting start-up businesses like yours.
What can we help you with?
We’ll be looking at 5 areas where our support will make a difference to your business:
- Making your business more resilient (so that you’re ready if another crisis comes)
- Business strategy and planning (Decide on what products and markets you’re going to focus on and plan the way to make this happen so you’re more in control)
- Product development and pricing (use simple market research from your customers to find out what they want next from you)
- Business growth by reaching new markets and increasing your customer base (marketing and customer relations help you keep loyal customers and sell them more)
- Getting yourself and your business ready for investment (if you get to the stage where you need a cash injection to grow, we can help you find and pitch to investors).
How will we help you?
We’re offering a mix of 1-2-1 support, workshops and Business Accelerator programmes. When you talk to one of our Business Advisers, they’ll help you decide which support is best for you.
Who can apply?
You’ve been trading for 36 months or less; you’re based in Leicester or Leicestershire; you’re registered as a business with HMRC or Companies House and you’ve been affected by the pandemic. We are not taking into account your turnover or the size of your business though it is likely that you will be an SME or microbusiness.
How much time do you need to commit?
Your support will take around 6 weeks and it’s likely to involve around 7 hours per week of your time.
How do you apply?
Just call our Business Advisers on 0116 366 8487 or complete an enquiry form.
Who is delivering the support?
The Business Gateway has commissioned NBV Enterprise Solutions, Leicester Start-ups, Incrementa and So Very Creative to deliver the different programmes of support.
Can I see more detail?
Yes, you can see more details here.
How will you get the support?
We’ll provide most of the support virtually through online sessions. Wherever possible we will time these around your availability. Sometimes we might need you to join group sessions that are at a fixed time.
When is the programme running?
The programme of support is available from 11/10/21 and will finish no later than March 2022.