Start your own business with LUinc10 January 2023
Start your own business in Leicestershire in 2023
- LUinc. is providing free workspace and training for new start-ups
- Six months of support for local business founders and social entrepreneurs
- Applications open now for joining next cohort of free programme
If you’re ambitions to start a new business, make sure you get the free support available to help your business establish and grow.
LUinc. is recruiting for its March 2023 intake. There are about ten places remaining for the latest group in its twice-yearly Wayfinder project (as of 10 January).
Businesses have been registering their interest for several weeks and LUinc. – Loughborough University’s business incubator – is offering slots to promising new start-ups.
Wayfinder is a free six-month development programme for people working on new, early-stage products or services with lots of potential.
Members of the programme don’t have to be connected to the university at all. If you join, you will get benefits including:
- Managed office and meeting space across two sites in Loughborough
- Business coaching
- Training sessions covering everything from finance to marketing
- Introductions to specialist networks, mentors, and investors
- Profile-raising PR and marketing opportunities.
The Wayfinder scheme is supported by Charnwood Borough Council and the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP).
Incubator manager Pete Hitchings says: “We’re already receiving applications for March and beginning to allocate places, so we would encourage anyone interested to move quickly.
“We work with all kinds of businesses, from social entrepreneurs starting CICs to work in their communities to experienced corporate executives who have decided to start their own business doing something completely different.”
LUinc. accepts expressions of interest all year round. Complete the online form and an LUinc. team member will complete an initial review then make contact with you to discuss your idea further.