New online service will support with employee health and disability10 August 2023
The government has launched a new online service offering free advice to employers and managers about employee health.
The Support for Employee Health and Disability Service is tailored to the needs of smaller businesses and will provide:
- Guided information for employers to help support disability or health conditions in a range of common workplace situations.
- Help with legal obligations, including reasonable adjustments.
- Links to more detailed resources.
The benefits of this new service include:
- Aiding staff retention.
- Simple to use, no account or log in needed.
- Printable content to take away and refer to.
- Supports interactions around work, disability and health, including in areas where employers can lack confidence, like mental health.
This service has been developed with input from the LLEP, employers, employers’ organisations, disabled people, and disability organisations, and remains in development. As you add content, this link will be automatically refreshed to provide users with the most up-to-date information. There is a feedback link on the site which employers can use to share thoughts and ideas to help inform further improvements.