New cost of living fund for community organisations3 August 2023
The National Lottery Community Fund have launched the new £75 million Community Organisations Cost of Living Fund.
The funding is for frontline charities and voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations that are experiencing increased demand for critical services and increased costs in delivering them.
The main priority is to fund organisations supporting low-income households and individuals. To be eligible, applicants must already run critical services around at least one of the following:
- Food and emergency supplies, e.g., food and baby banks or the provision of hot meals, clothes or toiletries.
- Emergency shelter, e.g., night shelters or other accommodation for people experiencing homelessness.
- Safe spaces, e.g., domestic abuse services and youth services.
- Warmth, e.g., warm rooms and spaces.
- Financial and housing advice, e.g., giving people advice because of the increased cost of living.
Organisations must also be facing both:
- Increased demand for these critical services, and
- Increased costs of delivering these critical services.
The funding can be used to cover both project and core costs retrospectively from July 2023 until 31st March 2024.
Grants of between £10,000 and £75,000 are available and the deadline for applications is 16th October 2023 at 12 noon. More details.