back to news

Leicester businesses offered training subsidy for growth

2 March 2022

East Midlands Chamber has announced a new training subsidy to help businesses across the region with their post-Covid growth.

The subsidy covers the upfront 10% fee of joining the Help to Grow management programme which is designed to help businesses develop leadership, boost productivity, innovate, and produce a plan for growth. The remaining 90% cost of course attendance is paid by Government.

A total of 100 eligible businesses are set to benefit from access to the fully-funded, 12-week executive development leadership and management programme which blends online and face-to-face sessions.

To qualify for the subsidy, businesses must employ between 5 and 249 people, and have been operational for at least a year. Additionally, they must be based in an area earmarked for UK Community Renewal Fund (UKCRF) support, namely Bassetlaw, Derbyshire Dales, High Peak, Leicester City, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood, or Nottingham City.

For Leicester, the training is being delivered by Leicester Castle Business School and the University of Leicester. Each has been accredited by the Small Business Charter, an award that recognises high quality, tailored guidance to small businesses and their local economy.

Diane Beresford, Deputy Chief Executive at East Midlands Chamber, said:

“A key part of the Government’s levelling up agenda is to invest in skills. The Chamber shares that priority so it makes perfect sense that we add our support to the excellent training provision on offer in our region. Boosting skills amongst the businesses and staff members involved, particularly amongst those where cost would otherwise prohibit participation, means our region is in a much stronger position to seize the opportunities that lie ahead.”

Applications, which can be submitted via the Chamber’s Help to Grow web page, are being approved on a first-come, first-served basis.