Can your business support the next generation of energy innovators?14 August 2023
The Energy Research Accelerator (ERA) is training the next generation of energy innovators and needs the help of businesses across the region.
The ERA consists of eight world-class research-intensive universities in the Midlands including Leicester and Loughborough.
Many of its universities are looking to establish Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs) in various energy and net-zero areas.
It is estimated that up to 440,000 highly-skilled jobs will be needed in the UK in net-zero industries by 2030. The CDTs will train engineers and scientists to PhD level, who will be able to integrate knowledge and expertise of fast-developing technologies into businesses.
The ERA want to work with businesses that want to partner with one or more of the Centres.
Why get involved?
Benefits to your business
By working with a Net-Zero Centre for Doctoral Training, your company will be able to:
- Have access to the skills and expertise of high calibre students
- The support of leading academics
- The use state-of-the-art facilities and equipment at its universities
- Access new technology developments
- Make links with other industrial CDT partners and international contacts
How you can support the CDTs
In return for being a CDT partner, the ERA would like your support in one or more of the following ways:
- Offering industrial placements
- Providing training for students
- Student mentoring
- Assessing the impact of research projects
- Joining the CDT steering board
- Lecturing on modules to help add real world relevance
- Facilitating site visits
- Co-funding a PhD student
The Centres for Doctoral Training
The proposed Centres for Doctoral Training are being developed in the following subject areas, offering a wide range of partnership opportunities for organisations across a range of industries:
- Biomass and Direct Carbon Capture Negative Emission Technologies
- Heating and Cooling Net-Zero Cities
- Engineering Hydrogen Net Zero
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Net Zero Chemicals
- Offshore Wind Energy Sustainability and Resilience
- Resilient Chemistry to Underpin Net Zero: Feedstock to Function
If you are interested in becoming a CDT partner, no matter how small or large your involvement, they would like to hear from you. Please email the ERA by Friday 18 August to express your interest. They will follow up with you to provide more information. Email to express your interest in CDTs