Business volunteers needed to support enterprise in schools4 January 2023
More than ever, young people need support and inspiration to help them succeed in their best next steps. With the help of local business leaders, the LLEP Careers Hub is driving change to the way careers education is delivered in schools and colleges and helping you to sustain your future skills pipeline at the same time.
That’s why, to kick start the New Year, the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership is embarking on an ambitious campaign to recruit 10 new volunteer Enterprise Advisers (EAs).
EAs are matched with a local secondary school or college’s leadership team and work strategically to bridge the gap between the world of work and careers education.
The Enterprise Adviser Network:
- increases engagement young people have with the world of work
- helps students raise their career aspirations
- provides an employer’s perspective on industry and current recruitment practices
- raises the profile on lesser-known sectors in the region
- supports schools/colleges to embed labour market information into the classroom
In return participants will:
- connect with over 80 local business leaders already in the network
- inspire and influence school and college senior leaders to make culture change
- attract young people to your industry/sector by highlighting the necessary workplace skills you are looking for
- find how they can add to their company’s social value/CSR targets
Becoming an EA is the perfect way to inspire your future workforce, make a positive difference and give back to the local community. You don’t need to be an education expert, just have passion to make big change!
For more information join a virtual information session on Wednesday 1st February, at 1:30pm