There are a variety of ways of resolving conflict in the workplace. Ranging from where the individuals in conflict discuss the issue, or the line manager or HR will try to facilitate or broker a meeting to ‘clear the air’, to a full mediation usually undertaken by an external independent mediator.
During this session, we will look at the different approaches to resolving conflict in the workplace, and the skills required to facilitate a conversation between two individuals in conflict.
Who should attend this session?
SME business owners, or anyone who manages employees or has responsibility for HR in their workplace.
What will we cover?
- Why does conflict arise and how to prevent it
- How to resolve conflict with confidence
- Mediation, what is it and when is it appropriate for the workplace?
- How the principles of mediation can be applied to facilitated conversations in the workplace
- Applying mediation skills to facilitated conversations
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
- The confidence to ‘nip issues in the bud’ and stop employee relations issues from escalating
- A happy and harmonious workplace, where conflict is proactively managed.
- Sharing best practice HR and HR experiences from within your industry/workplace.
About the Speaker:
Annie Litchfield has experience in the full training cycle from training needs analysis to delivery and evaluation. With her knowledge and enthusiasm, she is ideally positioned to advise you on your training and development needs. More than just her CV, Annie brings a vibrancy and exuberance for what she does. She is super chatty and can engage with everyone.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Loates HR Training and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Please note: This event is fully funded and FREE for you to attend. In return, we ask for a few minutes of your time to complete an SME Enrolment form, if your business has not already done so. Only one form per business is required. Without a completed form we cannot guarantee your place on this or future Business Gateway events. Further details will be provided upon booking.