Preventing work-related stress: Understanding the risk stress presents to you and your employees and the techniques to manage it
Are you a business owner or manager who holds some responsibility for the well-being of the people in your organisation? Are you aware of the problems created by work-related stress and anxiety and looking to improve your understanding of how to recognise and tackle it? If you are, this webinar should not be missed.
Whether work is causing mental health issues or compounding them, it’s essential for employers to understand the problem and develop strategies to manage it.
In 2018, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) found that poor mental health was the most common cause of long-term sickness absence in UK workplaces and that stress-related absence had increased in nearly two-fifths of organisations (CIPD 2018).
Employers have a legal and social responsibility to assess and manage work-related mental health issues and take steps to reduce them. Understandably though, many people are still reluctant to speak up about their emotional and mental health, often believing that it could harm their promotion and career prospects.
This incredibly important session sets out to help you change that by understanding work-related stress, creating a supportive and open culture and putting effective measures in place to manage and mitigate it.
Who should attend this session?
This session is aimed at SMEs and is designed to support individuals involved in any aspect of people management – from line managers to small business owners. It provides tips and tools, which can be applied in any sector and across a variety of workplace settings.
What will we cover?
- Identifying common causes of stress in the workplace.
- Looking at how to spot the signs of stress and poor mental health.
- Weighing up the difference between stress and positive pressure.
- Understanding the costs of work-related stress.
- Understanding how the HSE Management Standards and key management activities can help you prevent work related stress.
- Implementing a nine-step process for having well-being conversations with individuals with more confidence
- Exploring the use of wellness action plans in the workplace
- Appreciating your role as a manager in preventing work-related stress.
- Q & A
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this engaging session, you’ll have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Facilitate conversations with your teams about mental health, which can be instrumental in preventing work-related stress.
- Confidently recognise and respond to causes of stress in the workplace.
- Start using well-being action plans back in your business.
Who’ll be presenting this session?
This engaging session is brought to you by Daksha Patel, who specialises in optimising individual and team performance. She is a licensed Neuro Change Solutions Consultant and Certified HeartMath Coach and has over 25 years’ experience working as a Senior Manager, Trainer and Coach. Daksha has a real passion for inspiring people to make positive changes to habits and behaviours to improve personal and team effectiveness.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Your Mind at Work and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Please note: This event is fully funded and FREE for you to attend. In return, we ask for a few minutes of your time to complete an SME Enrolment form, if your business has not already done so. Only one form per business is required. Without a completed form we cannot guarantee your place on this or future Business Gateway events. Further details will be provided upon booking.