The Leicestershire Manufacturing Network forms part of the umbrella East Midlands Manufacturing Network which is led by East Midlands Chamber. It unites local manufacturers, enabling members to harness the cross-industry, business, engineering and manufacturing knowledge necessary to evolve and expand.
The agenda for the next meeting can be found below.
• Opening address from the Chair – Mark Goldby
• Update from Make UK
• Open debate – members’ challenges & concerns, and peer support on offer
We have laid strong foundations to make this and our other local networks across the East Midlands a success. How? By securing impressive host locations and by putting in place experienced facilitating leadership with a Chair & Vice Chair. We now need you to come along and tell us what is most important to you and your business. We want to develop a trust peer to peer environment between all the members, and shape the network to your needs – great or small!
Before you book: Please note these networks are only open to Manufacturers (those businesses who make something).
For all other enquiries please contact EMMN@emc-dnl.co.uk
- Identify common issues and problem solve in a trusted, collaborative environment
- Encourage best practice and the sharing of skills across member companies
- Host specialists from a diverse range of fields to share their expertise in the form of presentations, workshops and other networking events
- Create a positive perception of UK manufacturing
- Promote growth in our sector
- Attract manufacturing businesses to Leicestershire and the East Midlands
Mark Goldby (Chair) and Sandra Wiggins (Vice Chair)
Mark has over 30 years of manufacturing and leadership experience, initially with corporate giants GEC Plessey & Siemens and as co-founder/owner of SMS Electronics – a Hi-Tech manufacturing company and prestigious Queens Award for Enterprise winner.
Mark sold his interest in SMS Electronics in 2019 enabling him to continue his work in giving back to the manufacturing sector and focus on his passion for UK PLC, innovation and exporting.
Sandra is co-founder and Managing Director of DPI UK. An East Midlands SME Manufacturer of interior soft signage display frames and lightboxes, helping Advertising, Retail, and Design agencies create impactful immersive displays and environments.
In 2019 Sandra offered her insight and knowledge to an article published in the parliamentary review on Good Business Practice.
This Network event is funded by East Midlands Chamber. It is hosted by the Chamber and University of Leicester.
Who should attend?
Business owners, directors and Senior Leaders who take a strategic overall responsibility to grow their business. Often the agenda is set by business external factors that all businesses face. The East Midlands Manufacturing Network supports the manufacturers to help them to overcome business challenges in a trusted environment. This is a long term supportive network for manufacturing businesses of all sizes.
What do we offer?
- Fully funded membership to connect local manufacturing companies.
- Guidance and support to our members to enable them to make the best decisions for their businesses.
- Generate long-term, sustainable, mutually beneficial business opportunities.