Get ready for a transformative experience at the sixth annual Leicestershire Innovation Festival, set to unfold across many interesting venues throughout the city and county from the 5th to the 16th of February 2024. This year’s Festival carries the inspiring theme, ‘Small Change, Big Impact,’ inviting you to be an integral part of these dynamic events, where ground-breaking ideas, collaborative endeavours, and excellent networking opportunities await.
As a special highlight, don’t miss out on Innovate & Entrepreneur Friday: Empowering Innovators in the Journey of Innovation. This event is designed to close the festival proceedings where it will highlight opportunities, offering insights and experience, inspiration, and connections that will help you in the progress you want to achieve, leaving you inspired and equipped to drive innovation to new heights.
But that’s not all – the grand finale awaits as we look forward to you joining us on the 20th March at Sports Park, based at Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, for the prestigious Leicestershire Innovation Awards 2024. Be there to celebrate the outstanding achievements in technology, services, and creative thinking.
So come along and join us for a dynamic and inspiring event on the morning of 16th February 2024, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Loughborough University LUinc. Incubator based LUSEP (Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park). This event is brought together in collaboration from Innovate UK Leicestershire Universities and LUinc Incubator, this event is dedicated to the theme of Inclusive Innovation sharing experience of accessing support and funding through Innovate UK and other sources to underpin and support routes to market and access to funding.
Welcome and introduction to the local Innovation support landscape!
- Julian Bowery | Innovate UK | Regional Manager, East & SE Midlands, Innovation lead UKRI SIPF programme
- Paul Humphreys | Innovate UK EDGE |Partner Manager & Senior Innovation and Growth Specialist
- Rajinder Bhuhi | Loughborough University LUinc. | Incubation and Acceleration Associate
- Dr Will Darler | University of Leicester | Lecturer in Applied Analytics and Digital Economy/Enterprise Lead (CSSAH)
- Anjuu Trevedi MBE | De Montfort University | Head of Knowledge Exchange and Innovation
You’ve heard the theory what’s it really like?
Panel Discussion: join us and engage in a lively discussion with innovators who have successfully navigated their journey through inclusive innovation.
- Joe Fuggle | Founder of The Athlete Place
- Priten Chauhan | Founder of Sanera Innovations Ltd
- Dr Claire Mann | CEO and Founder of ChangeXtra
- Jacob Strauss | Founder of Gumbo
- Connect with fellow innovators, industry professionals, and representatives from the regions three universities and Innovate UK Edge.
Closing update to Innovation Festival
- Explore the latest initiatives and opportunities provided by Innovate UK to support innovators.
- 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Registration and Networking
- 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM: Welcome and Introductions
- 10.55AM – 11:45 AM: Panel Discussion: Navigating the Inclusive Innovation Journey
- 11:45 AM – 12:00 PM: Closing Update for Innovation Festival
Location: Loughborough University LUinc Holywell Building, Loughborough University, LE11 3UZ
Important please note.
All vehicles that now park on will be subject to parking charges and there are a number of ways to complete the payment process. Please visit this site for details on payment options and an outline tariff: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/fm/services/traffic-parking/visitors/ – additionally detailed signage is available at car park entrances.
Map & Directions:
The attached map will help towards locating Loughborough University Science Enterprise Park (LUSEP), Holywell Building and the closest car park.
The Incubator is based on the first floor of Holywell Building and is intercom operated. If attendees press the LUinc: Incubator/Studio button, then the door will be released by staff from within. The Incubator is on the first floor and the meeting room is Hernandes; the large Boardroom towards the right of the first-floor reception area.
Registration: Secure your spot now and be a part of this transformative event. Limited spaces available.
Who Should Attend:
- Innovators and Entrepreneurs
- Researchers and Academics
- Industry Professionals
- Students and Graduates
- Anyone passionate about fostering inclusive innovation.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of the innovation opportunities and funding. Register today and join us on 16th February for an engaging and inspiring morning with a chance to network and meet like-minded people. #InclusiveInnovation #InnovateUK #JourneyOfInnovation