About The Race Equality Centre
The Race Equality Centre is a membership organisation becoming a company limited by guarantee in 1995 and a registered charity in 1996. Since 2006 the organisation has operated under the name of The Race Equality Centre (TREC).
Our mission is to “challenge race discrimination, promote the benefits of a racially just society and empower individuals and communities affected by racial disadvantage”.
Our generic services delivered to individuals, communities, statutory, business, and voluntary sector include:
- Advice, support and advocacy to individuals with race discrimination claims
- Wrap-around refugee resettlement service
- Immigration advice, guidance, and support
- ESOL support for Employment
- Policy Development – equality proofing
- Community development
- Health and wellbeing information, guidance, and support
- Training, Consultancy and Research
From time to time, on recommendation from our service users, we develop and deliver bespoke projects, for example, Enterprising New Arrivals, which offered support to enable newly arrived communities to engage in the economic regeneration of their neighbourhoods, including business start-ups.