TBAT support for Innovate UK’s Smart Grants
Innovate UK fund cutting-edge projects via their Smart Grant Competitions. With multiple deadlines a year, these competitions give businesses from all industry sectors the opportunity to submit their innovative project ideas, to be awarded up to £2 million in Grant Funding.
The January round of Smart Grants is open now with £25 million available and a deadline of 22 April 2020. These competitions are known to be competitive, meaning the criteria must be met and addressed within your application. There are 10 questions, each marked out of 10 and in previous rounds, scores have needed to be 80+ to secure funding.
Unlike themed competitions, the type of projects that Innovate UK are looking to invest in, is extremely broad for an ‘open’ call, so to help decipher the level of innovation required, below are some examples of projects that have been funded in previous rounds:
- Manufacturing hardware to use a novel material as a replacement for plastic packaging
- Software to reduce carbon dioxide emissions in aviation
- Wearable tech to diagnose Sleep Apnoea at home
- On-site waste valorisation and carbon capture and utilisation
- AI solution to identify online sales of counterfeit goods
- High speed, soft fruit picking robotics
TBAT consultants have had huge success in previous rounds; notably, a 100% success rate for applications submitted into the July 2019 round and are excited to start working on this round of Smart Grant applications!
Take a look at the full scope and eligibility criteria of the competition here.