Local Restrictions Support Grants launched23 November 2020
New Government grants are now available for businesses affected by the latest Covid-19 pandemic lockdown. The Government has released business guidance for these schemes.
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (for closed businesses) supports businesses that have been required to close due to the national restrictions between 5 November and 2 December 2020, and eligible businesses are entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each 14 day period they are closed.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- occupies property on which it pays business rates (and is the ratepayer)
- is in an area of local restrictions and has been required to close because of local restrictions that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 9 September
- has been required to close for at least 14 days because of the restrictions
- has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises
The Additional Restrictions Grant provides local councils with grant funding to support closed businesses that do not directly pay business rates, as well as businesses that do not have to close but which have been impacted by the latest lockdown. The grant supports businesses that are not covered by other grant schemes, or where additional funding is needed.
The Additional Restrictions grant is much more discretionary and local authorities will be looking to support businesses within sectors most impacted by the recent lockdown.
This could include (but is not limited to):
- businesses which supply the retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors
- businesses in the events sector
- business required to close but which do not pay business rates
Find out more information about local restrictions grants from your local authority.