Free leadership support for small business leaders18 November 2020
Universities across the UK are running the Small Business Leadership Programme, a ten-week Government-funded programme led by academics and experts to help support small businesses and SME leaders over the coming months.
The Small Business Leadership Programme will equip you with the leadership and problem-solving skills you need to grow your firms in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic and the forthcoming Brexit situation, by helping you:
- Plan for resilience and productivity in your business
- Understand innovation and how it can impact productivity
- Assess employee engagement and identify actions to achieve high performance
- Strategically approach efficient operations management and value creation in your business
- Build leadership confidence and effectiveness
- Forge lasting relationships with other small business leaders.
- The programme is designed to be manageable alongside full-time work, and you’ll attend eight 90-minute webinars across ten weeks, and complete up to two hours of independent study and peer-supported learning per week.
To join the Small Business Leadership Programme:
- Your business must be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in England
- Your business needs to employ between 5 and 249 people, and have been operational for at least one year
- The participant should be a decision-maker or member of the senior management team within the business with a least one person reporting directly to them
- The participant must be able to commit to attending the full ten-week programme.
- There are a number of programmes in your area starting in November 2020 and January 2021. You can register for the Small Business Leadership Programme online by selecting your region.