The UK Government has set a target to reach Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050. It has also enshrined this in law to emphasise the crucial nature of reducing the world’s harmful CO2 emissions to help address the Climate Crisis. We all have our part to play – at home and at work. This session will share the support that’s available to your business in making greener choices; it will talk about the funding that’s available to help you and also explain some of the opportunities that will be created by making this choice.
Who should attend?
Business owners and managers, who are able to make decisions about sourcing their energy, making changes in process and sourcing or, in larger businesses, staff with a responsibility for environmental issues. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT IS ONLY OPEN TO BUSINESSES BASED IN LEICESTER/SHIRE
What will we cover?
- We’ll take a brief look at the national and local policies (the local Industrial Strategy and Energy Strategy) that will affect and offer opportunities to your small business. We will also share a recent study on what the fast-growing Low Carbon sector looks like in Leicestershire.
- We will also introduce some of the funding and support available to you as you tackle carbon emissions in your business.
- Rob will provide an overview of the Green BELLE project (funded by ERDF) which supports SMEs in Leicestershire to increase their energy efficiency, reduce their energy costs and lower their carbon emissions. Grants of £1,000 to £10,000 are available.
- Innovate EDGE will outline the ways that they can support ambitious, innovative SMEs to accelerate their growth and achieve scale through innovation, funding and finance, and entering new markets.
About the Speakers:
The Webinar will be led by Andy Whyle, Associate at Sustainability West Midlands (SWM). Andy is a leading, multi-award winning, Sustainability Specialist, with over 30 years’ experience in an advanced manufacturing, corporate sustainability driven environment. His expertise covers sustainability leadership, circular economy, natural capital development, networking and collaboration.
Speaker 1: Rob Leeson, Green BELLE, Project Officer will talk about Green BELLE support for SMEs in Leicester/shire
Speaker 2: Innovate EDGE will talk about enabling ambitious, innovative SMEs to accelerate their growth and achieve scale
Speaker 3: TBC
What people have said about SWM
“We recently attended the Leicester and Leicestershire LLEP Focus Group (February 2021) as part of the Low Carbon Sector Study and I was impressed with SWM’s ability to engage with businesses and facilitate workshops to gain maximum business input. We are based in the LLEP area and can confirm that although SWM are based in Birmingham they have an excellent relationship with businesses in the East Midlands too.” Keith Budden, Head of Business Development, Cenex
“Willmott Dixon has become aware of the strengths and capabilities of SWM through joining as members a couple of years ago. This is why we called on them to help us put together and facilitate a workshop to ensure that our staff could commit to delivering the relevant actions within our new Sustainable Development Strategy. SWM’s ability to convene a structured and action-oriented session will be crucial to enabling us to achieve the strategy’s ambitions. SWM also provided their own critical feedback on the draft strategy and their independent eye was hugely valued.” James Willcox, previously Head of Sustainability (Midlands).
After attending this webinar, you will:
- Begin to understand the issues involved and how they affect you
- Have some practical ideas about how to change and the support available to help you do this
- Be keen to find out more at the other webinars on this theme.
This webinar is delivered by the Business Gateway and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire so please book early.