All search engines have additional features when users are searching for a business nearby or in a particular location, the most well-known of which is Google Maps. For businesses, that means using Google My Business to provide information, along with the Bing Places equivalent is a must. Ranking well in these local search results requires a combination of standard SEO and tactics that are specific to this type of localisation.
This webinar will cover aspects of local SEO, from Google My Business listing optimisation, getting local citations and encouraging customer reviews to essential website features for local optimisation. You will learn how Google My Business and Bing Places work, why your business name, address & telephone number appearing in directories is so important and how to deal with negative reviews.
Who should attend:
Anyone responsible for search engine optimisation or who wants their business to rank higher in Google.
This webinar will cover:
- Setting up and claiming Google My Business and Bing Places accounts for your business.
- How to optimise your business listing, from adding photos and service menus to regular posts.
- Why “local citations” are so important to boost your ranking and how to get them.
- Making it easy for customers to leave reviews on Google and other review sites.
- The optimisation you can undertake on your own website to improve local search rankings.
Delegates attending this webinar will learn how to set up and optimise Google My Business and Bing Places accounts, including using the features provided to maximise visibility of their business in search results. They will also learn how “local citations” should be obtained to improve rankings for their business and how to optimise their own website to rank in local results.
This webinar is delivered by the East Midlands Chamber’s Digital Growth Programme team and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, East Midlands Chamber and Leicestershire County Council.