Just because you’re small doesn’t mean you needn’t spend time on strategic thinking. It’s valuable for you and the future performance of your business to have in place a clear approach to sustain you whatever is happening in the environment.
We’ve seen the development of more responsive and flexible strategies to sustain businesses from disruptive effects – uncertainty affects businesses of all sizes. We see larger organisations going through major change programmes, building innovative and agile cultures, pivoting their business models and trying to keep ahead of the competition in rapidly changing markets.
There’s no reason why solopreneurs and micro-businesses can’t apply similar approaches to their own thinking and planning and this workshop will explore how you can build your own resilient strategic approach that meets your needs now and in the future.
Who should attend this webinar?
You work on your own or with a small team in a micro-business. You may have been in business for years, or just starting up; the content is appropriate whatever your stage of development. Or, you may have leadership responsibilities for a small team within a larger organisation; the approaches and methods will help focus your team around key elements of strategy development and execution.
What will we cover?
In the workshop the participants will:
- Reflect on the link between personal purpose and business goals
- Explore approaches to strategic thinking for a micro-business
- Consider how strategy, creativity and innovation all have a role in developing and maintaining a successful business model
- Explore the portfolio strategy for building responsiveness and resilience
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Reflect on your current approach to strategy in your business
- Assess the effectiveness of your approach in delivering your strategy
- Look at your existing business model and explore new ways to develop it
- Identify options for a more strategic approach to achieving your goals
- Create an action plan for building a resilient strategy
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Steve Hobbs works with leaders of early-stage, growing and established businesses and other organisations, focusing on the behaviours that get things done, grow people and enable change. He will help you make sense of your challenges around leadership, strategy and innovation and take action on your issues and opportunities in a creative and effective way.
Whatever the context, Steve will introduce you to methods, tools and approaches that promote curiosity, bring clarity and enable rapid execution; ones that you can apply in your business and with your people immediately.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Asking Better Questions Ltd and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.