It is clear not all the demons regarding commercial enterprise and Brexit were realised on 31st December, and repercussions are still being felt. If your business has any connection with the EU, the chances are your trade is being affected, whether that be in terms of goods, people, data, supply chain, contracts and intellectual property. Worse yet, many organisations have not yet woken up to some of the impacts still to come.
In this Brexit Brunch week, experts from Freeths LLP take a look at the real-life implications for UK business, talk about what we have seen in the marketplace, and take a look forward at what is yet to come. They begin with a high-level overview around all topics, and then break that down to further webinars concentrating on specifics. You can pick and choose to attend one, or all, for free.
IP is often overlooked but it is often a business’s key value and needs effective protection. On our last in the series of Brexit brunch webinars, our experts will discuss:
- Trade marks – protecting your brand
- Design rights – protecting your packaging, get up or design as well as the shape and look of your products
- Copyright – protecting written, musical or artistic works and software, and using content on social media
- Drafting IP contracts post-Brexit
- Exhaustion of IP rights
- Geographical Indications
- Customs: AFAs on imports and exports