PR – achieving more for less: Understanding the public relations possibilities achievable, even with a limited budget.
Are you a business owner or marketing professional responsible for raising awareness in your organisation? Would you like to explore Public Relations (PR) and learn cost-effective ways to leverage media coverage, to raise awareness and boost the credibility of your brand? If you would, this session will show you how.
Having a sound PR strategy as part of your overall marketing mix has several benefits and in the current climate, has probably never been more important.
First and foremost, when carefully planned and well-executed, PR can be a highly affordable way to connect and engage with customers and stakeholders. Stories and articles relating to your organisation, which are used by media outlets, both in print and online possess a level of authenticity that other channels like paid advertising often don’t.
PR can be used in all sorts of ways. For example, it can be a fast and inexpensive way to share good news, tell people what you offer and an effective way of reassuring your audience that you’re still open for business, especially during challenging times, such as the recent pandemic.
Who should attend this session?
This session is ideal for business owners or marketing professionals, looking to optimise their press communications without breaking the bank. If you want to make better use of press releases to boost your organisation’s reputation, or stay connected with your audience, this session gives you the tools and the know-how you need to achieve more coverage for less expenditure.
What will we cover?
- Getting the most from your PR activity on a limited budget.
- Structuring your press release effectively.
- Understanding how to approach the press to improve your chances of a positive response.
- Responding appropriately to bad press.
- Attracting the right audience using case studies.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this session, you will have:
- The know-how to create good publicity and build your reputation with customers and others whose opinion matters to you.
- A clear understanding of how to create impactful PR campaigns that help you stand out and position you as the ‘Go to Business’ for whatever you do.
- A range of practical tips and advice that you can start to use straight away to get your message out quickly, effectively and on a shoestring budget.
Who’ll be presenting this session?
This engaging session is delivered by Lindsey Newman-Wood from Passion Marketing. She is a Marketing and Innovation Specialist who is known for her enjoyable and practical workshops. Lindsey is passionate about inspiring businesses to create impactful marketing campaigns and has a wealth of experience in helping organisations of all sizes, across a variety of sectors, to ensure their brand strategy delivers measurable results.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Passion Marketing and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.