Are you finding it hard to explore new ideas while still exploiting your existing products and services? Is the balancing act between the past and the future creating challenges in the present? If it is, this webinar will explain how explore and exploit can co-exist in your business to help you meet your goals.
Some organisations focus on exploiting their current products and services and strive for excellence in their execution. Or they have a focus on exploring new opportunities – creating, delivering and capturing value through an innovation culture and new business models.
Some organisations do both. The ambidextrous organisation is one where explore and exploit co-exist — they compete where efficiency, control, and incremental improvement are prized and to compete in new technologies and markets where flexibility, autonomy, and experimentation might be needed. Do you do both?
Who should attend this webinar?
This webinar is aimed at business owners and leaders with responsibilities for teams who create strategies and deliver results. It’s delivered in a straightforward way that any leader and manager can access; they’ll learn to use tools and approaches that will support change at an organisational level, should they choose.
What will we cover?
- Recognising the leadership challenge – explore and exploit
- Understanding the Ambidextrous organisation
- Identifying the elements that characterise exploit and explore
- Understanding the opportunities and threats associated with each approach
- Alternative approaches for adoption of an ambidextrous strategy
- The use of sense-making tools to identify where you are and where you want to be
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Reflect on and critique your own leadership style
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your current business approach
- Assess the effectiveness of your approach in delivering your strategy
- Create a roadmap for effective change in the adoption of a more ambidextrous approach
This is an interactive, action planning online workshop. You will leave this session with handouts and a practical action plan which can be implemented within your business. Where possible, we would like to encourage you to join this session with your video camera turned on and when instructed by the facilitator, you may un-mute your microphone to take full advantage of the interactive nature of the workshop.
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Steve Hobbs works with leaders of early-stage, growing and established businesses and other organisations, focussing on the behaviours that get things done, grow people and enable change. He will help you make sense of your challenges around leadership, strategy and innovation and take action on your issues and opportunities in a creative and effective way. Whatever the context, Steve will introduce you to methods, tools and approaches that promote curiosity, bring clarity and enable rapid execution; ones that you can apply in your business and with your people immediately.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Asking Better Questions Ltd and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.