Getting Started with Small Scale Redundancies: An overview of redundancy and an understanding of the legal implications.
Managing redundancies can be a challenge for the most seasoned manager, and fraught with high emotion and employment law pitfalls. Coupled with ensuring employees are treated with dignity during a difficult period. And the most difficult of changes is handled in a sensitive and empathetic manner.
Managers also need supporting, in delivering a difficult organisational change. If you’re remotely considering downsizing your workforce this webinar will help you understand your legal obligations, and how to reduce stress levels for all concerned, whilst staying firmly the right-side of the law.
Managing small-scale redundancies focuses on businesses typically any redundancies would be less than 20 at one location. The webinar also provides useful templates to utilise back in the business.
This Webinar will Cover:
- When is a redundancy not a redundancy?
- Some thought-provoking ways to avoid redundancies and retain key talent
- How to ensure your selection pool is just right, not too wide, not too narrow
- Objective versus subjective selection criteria
- How to support line managers scoring employees
- Individual consultation and how to consult with furloughed employees
- Suitable alternative employment, your duties as an employer.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Loates HR Training and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.