Getting started with employee empowerment and wellbeing: Understanding the link between workplace empowerment and employee health
Are you a business owner, line manager or department leader who is responsible for the motivation and performance of an SME? Would you like to improve your understanding of the business benefits of promoting empowerment, to reduce stress and increase output? If you would, this fascinating session is the perfect way to start.
Empowerment in the workplace offers many benefits. Research regularly demonstrates that ensuring employees feel empowered in the workplace engenders greater trust in leadership, drives accountability and is directly coupled to performance ownership, loyalty, job satisfaction and retention.
The concept of empowerment is based on the idea that providing employees with the resources, autonomy and motivation to largely self-manage along with supporting their wellbeing, will increase resilience and performance and ultimately improve your bottom line.
As a leader, business owner or team manager, it is sometimes difficult to overcome potential fear of relinquishing too much control and embrace the concept of empowerment for the broader benefit of the business. This webinar offers insights to help you get started by providing the simple steps you can take to start empowering employees, supporting their well-being and begin reaping the benefits.
Who should attend this session?
This session is designed to support SMEs and is aimed at business owners and leaders who have a responsibility for staff well-being in the workplace.
What will we cover?
- Evaluating what research tells us about how autonomy, control, social connections and support are linked to physical and mental well-being in the workplace.
- Tuning in to how Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs helps you better understand how employee needs can be met in the workplace, even if you are working from home.
- Understanding why salary alone does not motivate staff and what other factors create greater job satisfaction.
- Looking at why creating a healthy and happy team, leads to less stress in the workplace.
- Exploring how to effectively delegate without feeling a loss of control.
- Understanding how to get to know your staff better, give praise and feedback, which will enable you to develop a more engaging team.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this session, you’ll have an elevated understanding of:
- The importance of employee empowerment in relation to productivity and business success.
- The steps you can start to take straight away to ensure your employees feel empowered and trusted.
Who’ll be presenting this session?
This engaging session is brought to you by Daksha Patel who specialises in optimising individual and team performance. She is a licensed Neuro Change Solutions Consultant and Certified HeartMath Coach and has over 25 years’ experience working as a Senior Manager, Trainer and Coach. Daksha has a real passion for inspiring people to make positive changes to habits and behaviours, to improve personal and team effectiveness.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Your Mind at Work and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.