Researching and getting to new markets should be part of the everyday sales strategy of an innovative food and drink producer. However, knowing the best place to start and having a better understanding of the pros and cons of selling to each group is vital to the success of getting your products listed with new retailers.
This action planning workshop will introduce you to the pros and cons of each retailer group and help you gain a better understanding of where to start and what to realistically expect from selling to a new market.
Marcus Carter will share his knowledge and understanding of selling into independent retail and will talk you through not only how to secure that all-important sale, but how to build up a relationship with the stockist so they will continue to show interest in your product and increase sales.
Who should attend this session?
The webinar will be ideal for those small artisan producers who are interested in securing a range of new stock lists for their product. This event is part of Leicestershire Innovation Week 2021.
What will we cover?
- Pros and cons of selling to each market sector (UK retail vs. foodservice, exporting and online markets)
- How to access and use market research to identify trends and consumer buying habits
- Carrying out competitor analysis of products
- The importance of provenance
- Selecting and approaching buyers and the differences between them
- Building relationships with buyers
- How to get distribution to new customers right first time
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
You will leave this webinar with a range of tools to help you:
- A better understanding of your chosen stockist
- Where to aim for future stockists
- Information on consumers trends and buying habits to support sales and NPD
- Hot to conduct a competitor analysis
- Better tips and tricks for building relationships with suppliers
- How to ensure your distribution channels flows freely
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Marcus has always had a passion in food so after spending many year working on a cattle farm studying agriculture he started his own BBQ sauce range having had experience working at Patchwork Pates for the family business for 10 years. Armed with this knowledge and personal experiences of the challenges that food producers faced Marcus created ‘Carter Food House’ a national wholesaler to butchers and fish shops, then followed this up with the ‘Virtual Farmers Market’ an online sales platform for producers.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Food and Drink Forum and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.