Accessing new markets and increasing sales to new and existing customers takes time. The action planning workshop will help you to develop the right mentality and deploy tools to allow you to be more successful in this part of running a food and drink business.
Marcus Carter will share his vast amount of knowledge of working as a producer and more recently with producers to share a range of beneficial tips and tricks to help you circumnavigate the world of sales and independent retailers. Securing and maintaining a relationship with independent retailers takes time and effort but with the support of Marcus, this is something you WILL succeed at!
Who should attend this session?
Food and Drink Producers who are looking to secure their product listing with new markets across the UK and beyond.
What will we cover?
- How to approach new customers in the independent retail sector
- Identification of barriers to sales progression
- How to secure valuable shelf space
- Communication methods for dealing with buyers to ensure they value your products
- Securing repeat orders
- Account management techniques
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
You will leave this webinar with a range of tools to help you:
- The skills to confidently approach new customers within independent retail
- A better understanding of how to overcome knockback in the sales process and how to avoid these completely
- Increased knowledge of the value independent retailers put on shelf space and why it’s important.
- Increased understanding of communication techniques to aid account management.
This is an interactive, action planning online workshop. You will leave this session with handouts and a practical action plan which can be implemented within your business. Where possible, we would like to encourage you to join this session with your video camera turned on and when instructed by the facilitator, you may un-mute your microphone to take full advantage of the interactive nature of the workshop.
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Marcus has always had a passion in food so after spending many year working on a cattle farm studying agriculture he started his own BBQ sauce range having had experience working at Patchwork Pates for the family business for 10 years. Armed with this knowledge and personal experiences of the challenges that food producers faced Marcus created ‘Carter Food House’ a national wholesaler to butchers and fish shops, then followed this up with the ‘Virtual Farmers Market’ an online sales platform for producers.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Food and Drink Forum and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.