Enhance your skills to help you ensure your WordPress website is configured to deliver performance and conversions.
WordPress powers over 35% of the web. Everything from hobby blogs to the biggest news sites online. Oh and your website too. Maybe it’s time you knew a little more about WordPress and how you can use within your own business.
For the non-technical site owner, WordPress can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you know it is powerful, very versatile and widely supports. On the other hand actually using the CMS, it can be a little tricky at times. Diving deeper into the CMS, this webinar will bring you up-to-speed on what to expect and how to use WordPress to more effect in your own business.
Who should attend:
Anyone who owns or manages a WordPress website can attend this webinar to discover more about the most widely used CMS on the web. Taking a deeper dive into WordPress will give you the confidence to do more with your site and also some insights into the inner workings of the platform.
This webinar will cover:
- What the difference? – Under the origins of WordPress and the differences between WordPress.org and WordpRess.com.
- WordPress concepts – Themes, Plugins, Widgets, Users, Permissions and Gutenberg. What does all this mean and how does it all fit together. Understanding the terms and concepts behind WordPress is key to making it work well for your business.
- Themes – Deep dive into themes and how they work. Also what to look out for and what to avoid when choosing a theme for your site.
- Plugins – How to select a plugin, install and activate it as well as keeping one eye on security and making sure you don’t have too many plugins.
- Widgets – More detail on Widgets and how to use them.
- Gutenberg – It’s the new editor and you’ll either love it hate it. However, it’s here to stay and in this section, we look at the basics as well as the advanced features the new WordPress content editor has to offer.
- Backup and update – WordPress at its core is very secure. However, it needs to be updated regularly (along with themes and plugins) to remain that way. Find out how to back-up your site and update it safely.
- Technical SEO and WordPress – Search Engine Optimisation is very important for businesses of all sizes. Discover what WordPress has under the hood that you can use to improve your SEO from a technical SEO point of view.
- The future of WordPress – Looking forward what does the future hold for WordPress and what does it mean for your website.
Delegates will leave the webinar with a much clearer understanding of WordPress as a platform. Able to clearly describe the difference between WordPress versions and understand a wide array of terms and concepts the CMS relies on.
This webinar is delivered by the East Midlands Chamber’s Digital Growth Programme team and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, East Midlands Chamber and Leicestershire County Council.