Understand carbon reduction and what climate change means for your business & how to access support to reach your goals.
This session will help you understand the context of carbon reductions and what climate change means for your business, why you should be taking steps to reduce your emissions, how you and your customers can benefit and how to access support.
This session is designed to give you an introductory understanding of carbon reduction and climate change in the context of your business and signpost you to the support Join us to get ahead of the curve and keep your customers happy!
What to expect
- We will help you make sense of carbon jargon
- Discuss carbon footprints of individuals and business actions
- Highlight the benefits of taking action with case studies of other local businesses
- Signpost you to tools and resources available.
Key questions we will help answer
- What does it mean to be net-zero or carbon neutral?
- What is the carbon footprint of your business travel?
- What’s in it for me by taking action?
- Where can you access tools and resources?
You will finish this session with a greater understanding of what it means to address climate change and reduce carbon emissions for your business and get access to the tools and resources available for you to access to get started.
Who should attend
The course is for any manager or staff member working for or with an SME and who wants to understand carbon reduction and what climate change means for your business & how to access support to reach your goals.
Only businesses based in designated UK Community Renewal Fund areas are eligible. In the East Midlands, these are:
- Derbyshire Dales and the High Peak
- Bassetlaw, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood
- Nottingham City
- Leicester City